*** An updated version of the article is available here ***
A couple of months ago, I tinkered around with NodeJS on my local machine. After a while I got kinda addicted to the NodeJS Plattform for webservice (SOA) applications as well as Desktop Apps (Electron/NodeWebkit). Hence more complicated NodeJS experiments will start, I decided to set-up my own webserver environment for my (local) network with a Raspberry Pi 2 B. My tools of choice are:
- Raspian Jessie Lite from 2016-05-27
- GIT v2.1.4: Version control for source code
- NodeJS v6.2.0: for REST APIs and Websocket applications
- Nginx Webserver: Deliver static files, Reverse Proxy for NodeJS, and Load Balancing
- MySQL Server and Client: for Relational Databases
- PM2: NodeJS Process Manager for starting and stoping NodeJS Apps
- Nodeadmin: Admin Tool for MySQL (like PHPmyAdmin)
Let's get started:
Download Raspian Jessie Lite from the foundation website and write the image on your class 10 SD Card. For more information please read this tutorial (in German).
On May 2015, Myriel Milicevic invited me for a Guestlecture & Workshop on Artistic Human Plant Interfaces/Elektrobotanik for her Interfacing with Nature class at University of Applied Science Potsdam. The starting 90-120min lecture provided the students (in that case communication, product, and interface designer) an introduction about interfaces with plants. This includes viusal approaches as well as bio sensing projects.
Categories: english, Plants, Technologie art, Design, education, Interaction, My Experiments, nature, physical computing, processing, Programming, prototyping, tutorials, workshop
During mid of 2013 until the beginning of 2014, Juliane Springsguth and me had the chance to develop a new game design hacking workshop format for teenagers (Mostly 8th graders around 13-15 years old) in cooperation with "Berufsorientierte Schulprojektwochen (BOP)" organized by the Media Education Institution WeTeK Berlin gGmbH.
Our objective was to generate a tangible and audiovisual output in shape of a Game (Art) installation during the workshop. Furthermore, our intention regarding those young participants was to empower them to express their ideas in a (media) technology driven environment. Officially the objective was that they get a first impression how a job as digital media worker could look like.
Categories: Design, english, Games, Programming Design, game design, interface design, My Experiments, physical computing, Programming, prototyping, Teaching, tutorials
Long time ago I posted my last summary of my Twitter messages, however for me it is always a nice way to reexperience the developments of a time period. For this reason my most important Twitter messages from July 2013 until October 2014. Read more...
During my research for my master thesis, I got some nice book recommendations about plants, nature, art and environment.
These books provide a good overview how plants are used in Fine Arts over the last 100 years. Furthermore, it addresses and describes the environmental impacts of these design and art approaches. Pretty useful for an art history overview.
- [Bartel2001] Bartelsheim, Sabine. Pflanzenkunstwerke: Lebende Pflanzen in der Kunst des 20. Jahrhunderts. Schreiber, 2001
- [Nemitz2000] Nemitz, Barbara. trans plant. Living Vegetation in Contemporary Art. Hatje Cantz, 2000
- [KastnerWallis2010] Kastner, Jeffrey; Wallis, Brian. Land and Environmental Art. Phaidon Press, 2010
- [WiMaMe2010] Witzgall, Susanne; Matzner, Florian; Meder, Iris. (Re)Designing Nature - Aktuelle Positionen der Naturgestaltung in Kunst und Landschaftsarchitektur. Hatje Cantz, 2010
- [Haeusler2015] Häusler, Minh. The Fusion of Flora and Art. Hirmer, 2015
- [Ost2015] Ost, Daniel. Der Meister der Blumenkunst. Elisabeth Sandmann Verlag, 2015
- [Wagener] Wagener, Klaus. Architektur und Pflanze: Interior design with plants. Verlag Eugen Ulmer, 2012
- Phaidon editors (2016). Plant: Exploring the Botanical World. Phaidon, 2016.
Categories: Design, english, Generative Art, Interaction, Plants, Programming, Technologie art, books, Design, inspiration, Interaction, Programming, research
A small summary of my Twitter messages from February 2013- June 2013:
Categories: Design, english, Games, Generative Art, Interaction, mobile, Programming, Technologie art, books, cool stuff, Design, flash, Games, inspiration, Interaction, interface design, physical computing, Programming, tools, tutorials, video, web
A small summary of my Twitter messages from July 2012- January 2013:
Categories: Allgemein, Design, english, Games, Generative Art, Interaction, mobile, Programming, Technologie books, Design, flash, flex, fotografie, game design, interface design, mobile, physical computing, Programming, research, tools, tutorials, web
More than one year ago I moved from Linz to Berlin. I have never regretted it. I had and still have many friends here, for skating the city is just great, a lot of things are going on here, especially in media art and of course more than enough party. So it's definitely enough for not getting bored.
During last 13- 14 month I got involved in some projects with friends and new people. In this blog post I give a short overview of these activities.