My most important Twitter Messages #14
A small summary of my Twitter messages from February 2012- July 2012:
- 10 great use cases for wolfram
- Zotero - easy-to-use
#tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your #research sources
- maybe a nice tool for managing your projects with friends: Trello
- "slow down" manifestos: travel | media | food&eat - new times of slow movements?
- nice article and so true: The Importance of Being Earnest
Info Design and Visualization
- RT Interesting read for those educating #infovis - Patterns for Information Visualization
- RT "Parallel Sets, A visualisation technique for multidimensional categorical data"
- Nice list for getting data for your information design
- Great resource:
#Mining of Massive Datasets #data #book #free thx to flo feigenbutz
- RT It looks very promising “
@driven_by_data: data.js. framework for modeling data collections by @_mql @_substance”
UX and Interaction Design:
- RT 5 Really Useful Responsive Web Design Patterns - looks like a really good read.
- OmniGraffle iOS App
#UX Template #documentation
- nice experiment: SketchSynth – Drawable user interface by Billy Keyes
- Leap Motion: 3D hands-free
#gesture device | you can apply for a dev kit! #interaction
- RT interesting article guessing
@leapmotion uses depth from defocus which would explain why they're not scanning faces
- Haptik Forscher Martin Grunwald bestätigt, dass wir mehr haptische Interaktion brauchen.Fuck of TouchScreens!
- Vielleicht ein interessantes Buch für die Recherche von haptischen Interaktionen.Könnte aber auch zu theoretisch sein.
- In Bezug auf haptische Interaktion nochmals dieses Buch als Erinnerung Hands (PrincetonSciencLibrary)
- makeymakey.com Invention Kit brings
#tangible design to everyone. Great project!
- Touché: Enhancing Touch Interaction on Humans, Screens, Liquids, and Everyday Objects
- RT ZeroN: Tangible interaction with... computer-controlled magnetic levitation (via
- Brush stylus pen for iPad devices. yeah tangible devices are coming back to computers! link via
Projekte und Experimente (Projects and experiments)
- T.F.O. - a prototype of an enhanced Frisbee-Disc as an interaction device for augmented physical exertion games
- Street Art and Videopainting is a nice performance which can be sure more extended
- "QR of Life" by Sander Veenhof is a nice playful project about qr codes. Inspiring!
- nice project: Descriptive Camera by Matt Richardson
- nice compilation of projects
- Looks promising: Workflow for
#Kinect + DSLR Filmmaking
- Stepper Motor controlled Projection
#Mapping #arduino #3d #visual #vvvv link via Friedrich Kirschner
- RT What a fantastic project documentation : Performative Architecture Studio 2011
Neue Technologie (new Technologies)
- Wow... That is amazing. Online Map apps are using more and more
#webgl for rendering | Nokia Maps | Google Maps
- RT flexible plastic e-paper display launching next month?
- RT Japanese Humanoid Robot Can Keep Its Balance After Getting Kicked link via tim devine
- RT Eulerian Video Magnification for Revealing Subtle Changes in the World
- Great example of smart materials in an architectural context: Phototropia
Programmierung und Software Design (Programming)
- RT interesting face tracking features (3d mesh of face) in the new MS Kinect SDK
- RT Great documentation of smart image processing tricks to create faux watercolor maps
- Nice example of Random: Pseudo-Random vs. True Random link via
- RT Nice german Blog about processing with a lot of tutorials and links
- RT using Microsoft Bing translation API usage with processing
- RT PFrame - library that let you easily create multiple windows for your processing sketch
- RT Sweetly executed open-source computational-geometry project: TSP Trees + Voronoi stippling:
- Library JavacvPro 0.4beta is now available (OpenCV for Processing)
- RT Processing library for the Finch - a low-cost robot for Computer Science education
- RT OSC->JSON over web via
- Tuio.js is a
- RT Really nice presentation for Flex Developers, who wants to dive into the JS World
- RT MINT promising multi-touch interaction framework by
- RT vvvv now supports FaceTracker/Substitution and openCV 2.3
- RT IRIS Interactive Realtime Image Synthesizer is a powerful software platform for realtime image synthesis
- RT Great collection of Algorithms Lectures recorded between 97-2007
- Nice resource and talks about
- nice tool for tinkering with electronics and physical computing, link via Friedrich Kirschner
- Raspberry Pi - mini ARM Computer based on Linux looks cool. Eg. Build your own videoplayer...
- RT Wireless Data with the Seeedstudio RFbee
- RT Touché with Arduino: Touché is a capacitive-sensing technology, developed by Walt Disney Research
- Free iOS Game Center native extension from
@richard_lord is now available
- AIR Developer Center | Using the GameCenter Adobe AIR native extension for iOS
- RT Basic AIR native extension to SteamWorks API
- great tutorial: creating visible areas for 2D top-down map (2d raytracing)
RT @flashtuts Starling Particle Effects for Stage3D Shooter Games...
- some nice tutorials for
#flash game devs
- unity and flash united - a great example of using the best power of two technologies
- RT Nice article about crowd
#funding for game & (mobile) application development
- nice game design article about: building tight game systems of cause and effect
- RT Flash Developer Center | Using SWC files to build large Flash & AIR projects w/multiple SWF files for iOS
- RT AIR Developer Center | Using the iOS In-App Purchase native extension for Adobe AIR
- nice blog post and inspiring source code for video on ios and android devices
- RT Android Fragmentation, study on 681,900 of devices
- RT Creating Custom Layouts for
Flash and Flex
- RT AIRKinect 2.0 is here - Congrats guys!
- RT here we go: initial CaptureDevice
- RT It's never been so easy to create your own Instagram!